(OAKLAND, Ca) The 2017-2018 AIPHS Title IX Report has been released and published on the AIMS Athletics Website. Please click here to access the report.
In November 2016, the California Department of Education (CDE) conducted a Federal Program Monitoring Review for Educational Equity - Access to Athletics and Facilities. The CDE wants to ensure that our schools are offering equal number of competitive sports and that facilties (gyms, locker rooms) are equitable for boys and girls.
Under SB 1349, beginning in the 2015-16 school year and every year after, all public primary, secondary, and charter schools offering competitive interscholastic sports in California must report on their school website (or district website if no school site exists) information about boys’ and girls’ athletic participation by the end of each school year.
- Total Enrollment of Students By Gender: number of boys and girls enrolled in the school
- Athletes by Gender: number of boys and girls who play competitive sports at the school
- Teams by Gender, Spots & Level: number of boys’ and girls’ teams, classified by sport and competition level (using # of players on rosters as of the official first day of competition)
Title IX requires that the number of athletic opportunities, for boys and girls—actual athletes participating—are proportionate to the number of girls and boys at the school.
SB 1349 strengthens Title IX enforcement by requiring schools to report on sports participation rates and opportunities by gender.
In order to meet SB 1349 compliance, AIMS will post the following information:
- Total student enrollment by gender (boys, girls)
- Total number of athletes by gender (boys, girls)
- Total number of athletes by sport by gender, by season and by competition level (Varsity, JV, Freshman, etc)
For more information about AIPHS Athletics and Title IX, please visit https://www.aimsathletics.com/title-ix